The SLA Legal Division is pleased to offer three professional grants to attend the 2012 Annual Conference in Chicago, July 15-18, 2012. The deadline for applications is March 23, 2012.
The grants are:
- LexisNexis U.S. Law Librarian Veteran Member (Legal Division member 12 months or longer) – US$1,500
- Thomson Reuters Westlaw U.S. Law Librarian New Member (Legal Division member for a minimum of 3 months, not exceeding 12 months at the time of application) – US$1,500
- Wolters Kluwer Law & Business Non-U.S. Law Librarian (Legal Division member for a minimum of 3 months at the time of application) – US$3,000
Only actual eligible expenses up to and not exceeding the grant amount will be reimbursed.
- Full conference registration
- Transportation costs, including air/rail/bus and ground transportation to and from the hotel
- Cost of a standard room and taxes at conference hotel rates
- Continuing education courses, other ticketed events and tours
The applicant must be a current member of SLA and of the Legal Division. Current Legal Division Executive Board members are not eligible.
Recipient will attend the 2012 SLA Annual Conference in Chicago from July 15-18 and will write an article of their conference experience for the Legal Division newsletter.
Recipient must be able to attend the Bloomberg Law/Bloomberg BNA Legal Division Business Meeting on Monday, July 16, 2012 from 8:00am-9:30am Central Time, location to be determined.
Attendance and participation is strongly encouraged for all Legal Division conference events, but specifically for the following:
Legal Division Board Meeting – Sunday, July 15th from 12n-1:30p, location TBD
SLA Leadership Tea – Sunday, July 15th from 3p-4:30p Central Time, Palmer House Hilton
Pharma-Legal Networking Mixer – Tuesday, July 17th from 7p-9p Central Time, location TBD
Any photographs taken or articles submitted for publication are property of the SLA Legal Division and may be used on the website and/or published in division material.
Recipient will be expected to volunteer to serve the Division. Volunteer opportunities include serving as a Committee Chair or member of a committee, running for the Division’s Board of Directors or volunteering at the conference and/or for various tasks throughout the year.
Recipient will be required to submit to the Legal Division Treasurer a completed Request for Reimbursement/Payment form (found on the Legal Division website, legal.sla.org) with original receipts for his or her conference expenses.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out the application form.
- Prepare an essay of approximately 500 words, detailing the significance of the grant to your professional growth in law librarianship, how attendance may benefit you and your employer, and/or how the conference experience may be shared with colleagues at your institution.
- Include a current resume.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: MARCH 23, 2012 BY 11:59 PM EASTERN
AWARD NOTIFICATIONS: ON OR BEFORE APRIL 6, 2012
CONFERENCE EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DEADLINE: MAY 11, 2012
For further information please contact me directly:
Mr. Dagfinn Senturia – Acting Chair, SLA Legal Division Grants & Awards Committee Reference Librarian
Holland & Hart LLP
555 17th Street, Suite 3200
Denver, CO 80202
Phone (303) 295-8218 / Fax (720) 235-0211