Posted on July 10, 2012.
Thank you to all who entered our Mo’ Money, No Problems – Money for Nothing! An SLA Legal Division Raffle for Conference Attendees. The names of four winners were drawn at random by an impartial judge. Each of these lucky Legal Division members will receive a $50 USD gift card from our fabulous vendor friend LAC Group!
Visit LAC Group at Booth #514 at the SLA 2012 INFO-EXPO to say hello and learn what they can do for you.
Drumroll, please … congratulations to our winners!
- Jamie Keller – Reference Law Librarian, Florida Coastal School of Law in Jacksonville, FL
- Karen Krupka – Research Librarian, Columbia Wanger Asset Management in Chicago, IL
- Tracy Leming – Research Specialist, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP in Denver, CO
- Dahlia Saleh – Law Librarian, Allstate Insurance Company in Northbrook, IL
Posted in SLA Chicago
Posted on June 28, 2012.
The Legal Division would like to thank the following sponsors for their generous support of its programming at the annual conference in Chicago!
PLATINUM SPONSORSHIP LEVEL
Bloomberg Law/Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg Law/Bloomberg BNA Breakfast & Legal Division Business Meeting
Joint Division of Pharmaceutical and Health & Legal Division Networking Mixer
Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
Librarian as Entrepreneur: Contributing to Your Organization’s Bottom Line through Marketing Initiatives
Legal Division Unconference, Featuring the Corporate Café
Wolters Kluwer Law & Business Non-U.S. Law Librarian Travel Grant Award
SILVER SPONSORSHIP LEVEL
60 Sites in 60 Minutes
LexisNexis U.S. Law Librarian Veteran Member Travel Grant Award
Thomson Reuters Westlaw
Thomson Reuters Westlaw U.S. Law Librarian New Member Travel Grant Award
BRONZE SPONSORSHIP LEVEL
Spotlight Session: e-Discovery Preparation through Information Management and Data Mapping
Tales from the Trenches: Contract Negotiation is Not for the Faint of Heart
Legal Division Leadership Tea
Jones McClure Publishing
Early Career Conference Award
Legal Division Raffle
Posted in SLA Chicago
Posted on June 26, 2012.
Our fabulous vendor partner, LAC Group, has generously given the Legal Division $50 USD gift cards to be raffled off to members in good standing at SLA 2012 Annual Conference & INFO-EXPO!
Four members will each receive a gift card just for attending the annual conference. But, you need to prove it. Send your contact information, along with your official SLA conference registration receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org – get your entries in by July 6th!
Winners will be notified in advance by either e-mail or telephone, no later than Saturday, July 14, 2012. Distribution of the gift cards will be done in person at the annual conference in Chicago, location and time to be determined.
Well, what are you waiting for? Enter today!
My Way or the Highway, aka Rules & Regulations:
- Eligible participants must be current SLA Legal Division members in good standing. (Or, sitting. We just need to make sure you paid your dues.)
- Legal Division Executive Board members are not eligible to enter or win. (Sorry, Charlie.)
- Committee Chairs and Committee members are eligible to enter and win. (Good luck!)
- 2012 Legal Division Award Winners (travel grants, ECCA, LD awards) are not eligible to enter or win. (You’re already winners!)
- Conference registration may be for one day or the full conference. The most important part is the official SLA receipt for the 2012 conference registration. Registration must match the name of the person entering the contest. (So, no trying to cash in on your co-worker’s registration.)
- All entries must be sent via e-mail only to the address email@example.com. Entries will be invalid if sent to any other e-mail address other than the one specified for this contest. (Yes, you will be penalized for not following instructions. #ToughLove)
- Entries must be received by 11:59 PM Eastern on Friday, July 6, 2012. Any entries received after that deadline are ineligible. (Tell Siri to remind you.)
- All entries become property of the SLA Legal Division and your name and/or photo (if we get one from you) may be used on our website and/or social media. By accepting the gift card, you consent to us using your name and/or photo for promotional/information reasons. (You’ll be dodging the paparazzi before you know it.)
- Neither SLA, SLA Legal Division nor LAC Group is responsible for any taxes or income reporting, if applicable. (If you go all Lauryn Hill on us, it’s not our fault or responsibility.)
- Winners will be drawn at random. Judges’ decisions are final. (I cite the precedent of My Way v. Highway.)
Posted in SLA Chicago